Internship Placement – Communications & Social Media Support
The Partnership in Statistics for Development in the 21st Century (PARIS21), hosted by the OECD, is a unique partnership involving national, regional and international statisticians, policy makers, development professionals and other producers and users of statistics. PARIS21’s goal is to promote, influence and facilitate statistical capacity development and the better use of statistics. With a Secretariat of about 23 staff, PARIS21 supports low-income and lower middle income countries in Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America and Caribbean regions to develop their national statistical systems and fosters collaboration among developing countries, donors and multilateral institutions. PARIS21 works through technical assistance, advocacy, information exchange and partnerships with all relevant actors.
The selected intern will provide support and assistance to the PARIS21 Communications Manager and the Executive Office to promote PARIS21’s work.
The internship is based in Paris, France.
• Filming and editing video for the PARIS21 website and social media channels
• Researching and drafting regular news pieces for the PARIS21 website
• Uploading content to the website, undertaking minor site edits
• Undertaking internet research and liaising with PARIS21 stakeholders and partners
• Putting together contact databases & organising data
• Other tasks as required by PARIS21 management
Ideal Candidate Profile
• The candidate must be enrolled in an accredited degree programme
• Very strong writer in English
• Good image editing skills
• Extensive writing experience for a general audience (blog posts, web articles, journalism)
• Extensive social media experience
• Some knowledge of Drupal (non-essential)
• English native speaker or advanced fluency
6 months internship starting from March 2020, with possibility of renewal
How to Apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and a recent example of your written work to email@example.com by 21 February 2020.
Please also create a general profile on the OECD Taleo page.
Current external vacancies:
There are no external vacancies at this time.