PARIS21 is looking for a Deputy Head to oversee the implementation of the PARIS21 work programme and to deputise for the Executive Head. S/he will in particular be responsible for; the smooth transition to PARIS21’s new 2021 – 2025 strategy, which focuses on:
- Accelerating innovation using tools, methodologies and services that improve the quality of data and statistics and make their production processes faster, more cost efficient and effective.
- Bridging data ecosystems to build stronger partnerships and foster collaboration, enhance trust in data, modernise data processes and expand funding for statistics.
- Developing statistical capacity and sharing knowledge and technical assistance in this area in a quickly changing environment, and prioritising national statistical systems.
- Coordinating the roll-out of a new unified results framework to support the implementation and monitoring of the strategy.
The successful candidate will report directly to the PARIS21 Executive Head and will oversee the work of the PARIS21 Team Leads. S/he will also work in close collaboration with consultants and other staff of the PARIS21 Secretariat. The position is based in Paris and requires extensive travel.
For more information and to apply, please visit the OECD Taleo page below:
Internship Placement – Communications & Social Media Support
The Partnership in Statistics for Development in the 21st Century (PARIS21), hosted by the OECD, is a unique partnership involving national, regional and international statisticians, policy makers, development professionals and other producers and users of statistics. PARIS21’s goal is to promote, influence and facilitate statistical capacity development and the better use of statistics. With a Secretariat of about 23 staff, PARIS21 supports low-income and lower middle income countries in Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America and Caribbean regions to develop their national statistical systems and fosters collaboration among developing countries, donors and multilateral institutions. PARIS21 works through technical assistance, advocacy, information exchange and partnerships with all relevant actors.
The selected intern will provide support and assistance to the PARIS21 Communications Manager and the Executive Office to promote PARIS21’s work.
The internship is based in Paris, France.
- Filming and editing video for the PARIS21 website and social media channels
- Recording and editing podcasts
- Researching and drafting news articles for the PARIS21 website
- Uploading content to the website, undertaking minor site edits
- Liaise with PARIS21 stakeholders and partners
- Design and layout of booklets, leaflets, brochures, social media graphics
- Perform analysis and research
- Manage databases
- Other tasks as required by PARIS21 management
Ideal Candidate Profile
• The candidate must be enrolled in an accredited degree programme
• Very strong writer in English
• Expert knowledge of the Adobe CC
• Extensive writing experience for a general audience (blog posts, web articles, journalism)
• Extensive social media experience
• Some knowledge of Drupal (non-essential)
• English native speaker or advanced fluency
6 months internship starting from September 2020, with possibility of renewal
How to Apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and a recent example of your written work to email@example.com by 06 July 2020.
Please also create a general profile on the OECD Taleo page.