In its capacity as secretariat of the Bern Network on Financing Data for Development, the Partnership in Statistics for Development in the 21st Century (PARIS21) with support from Open Data Watch, is hosting a session at the IATI Virtual Community Exchange 2 on 13 October 2021, 03:15 pm CET.
Join the interactive virtual session “Towards smarter investments in data and statistics – Presenting the Clearinghouse for Financing Development Data” to learn more about how the Clearinghouse can help bring about transformative change for data financing. You will see a demonstration of how you can apply the Clearinghouse’s analyses to further your own work, with a particular focus on gender data. You will then hear from country speakers about the latest challenges and developments related to financing data.
The session will include an interactive discussion and brainstorm with the IATI Community on how we can leverage partnerships and share stories about what data can do for effective decision-making on aid. It will end with an overview of where we will go next with this project and how you can get involved on the journey.
- Johannes Jütting, Executive Head, PARIS21
Discussion, Q&A, polls
- Shaida Badiee, Managing Director, Open Data Watch
- Isaac Chirwa, Assistant Commissioner of Statistics, National Statistics Office of Malawi
- Andrea Ries, Senior Advisor, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- Jahanara Saeed, Program Manager, Open Data Watch
- Jurei Yada, Bern Network Coordination Lead, PARIS21
Where to next?
- François Fonteneau, Deputy Head, PARIS21
More information about the event: https://sched.co/nZbB
Visit the Clearinghouse: smartdatafinance.org