The Partnership in Statistics for Development in the 21st Century (PARIS21), the OECD Development Co-operation Directorate and the World Bank held a joint webinar on “How to unleash the full potential of data for better lives: World Development Report 2021” on Wednesday, 9 June 2021.
The virtual event will introduce participants to the key findings and recommendations of the World Bank’s World Development Report 2021: Better Data for Better Lives, followed by a panel discussion with leading members of the data and financing communities on the role of financing to achieve integrated national data systems. The discussion will also cover new developments, such as the upcoming launch of the World Bank’s Global Data Facility, the development of innovative tools such as the Clearinghouse for Financing Development Data, a global platform to match the demand and supply of support for data and statistics, being developed by the PARIS21-hosted Bern Network on Financing Data for Development, and the OECD launch of the first-ever Data for Development country profiles of the main OECD funders of national data and statistics.
- Introduction: Jorge Moreira da Silva, Director, Development Co-operation Directorate, OECD
- Panel moderator: Johannes Jütting, Executive Head, PARIS21
- Facilitator, Jurei Yada, Coordination Lead, PARIS21
Presentation of the World Development Report 2021
- Dean Joliffe, WDR Co-Director, Lead Economist, World Bank
- Daniel Mahler, Young Professional, World Bank
- Philip Wollburg, Economist, World Bank
- Mercy Kanyuka, Commissioner, National Statistics Office, Malawi
- Dominique Favre, Alternate Executive Director for Switzerland, World Bank
- Haishan Fu, Director, Development Data Group, World Bank
- Anna Lerner Nesbitt, Lead 'Data for SDGs', Global Impact Partnerships, Facebook
- Ida Mc Donnell, Team Lead, Data for Development, Development Co-operation Directorate, OECD
- Neil Jackson, Chief Statistician, UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Shaida Badiee, Managing Director, Open Data Watch
Please register in advance here for this webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with your unique link to join the webinar.