Cross Regional Forum | SDG implementation: What is needed in terms of data, institutions and funding?”
4 - 5 December 2017
OECD Boulogne Conference Centre
The purpose of the Cross Regional Forum is to help countries do a better job in SDG implementation. The Forum will offer a cross-cutting perspective on the implementation of the SDGs from two vantage points: by bringing together both developed (OECD) and developing countries from various regions of the world to share their experiences as well as emphasising the linkages among the key challenges countries face in terms of data needs, institutional set-ups and funding, with an emphasis on securing domestic resources.
Hard copies of the documents outlined below will be made available during the Forum.
Document Package (concept note, agenda, logistical note)
Session 1: What are the data needs for measuring and monitoring the SDGs?
- Distance of OECD countries to SDG targets
- Country experience: Philippines
- Country experience: Tanzania
- Country experience: Czech Republic
Session 2: SDG implementation: What is the institutional set-up and what role does the NSO play?
- Institutional mechanisms for SDG implementation
- Country experience: Malaysia
- Country experience: Finland
- Country experience: Slovenia
Session 3: How to raise domestic funding for measuring the SDGs?
- Results of ODI-PARIS21 Good Practices Paper on Financing Statistical Development
- Country experience: Palestine
- Country experience: Mali
- Country experience: Uganda
- Breakout group 1
- Breakout group 2
- Breakout group 3
For more information on our Cross Regional Forums, click here.